I am Depression. I sneak my way into your mind when it's vulnerable, in times of great stress or just after a tragedy, and from there I feed on your serotonin, stealing it away from you. I suck away your interests and emotions until you feel like a husk of only sadness and lethargy, until you feel you can barely move. Some of you escape me quickly, but others fall prey to me for months, even years as I make you move through life in a fog. I laugh inside you when you are told you must simply be happier, because I am draining all your happiness into myself.
Sometimes you get the better of me. Sometimes I weaken naturally and you slip away. Sometimes others help you trick me, and sometimes you get little objects that you swallow that keeps the serotonin away from me.
The truth is, though, that I'm winning the game of numbers, and I'm always hiding around the corner. You can never destroy me entirely, but you can learn to beat me.
I am cognitive therapy. THis depression is because you are having depressed thoughts. These negative thoughts bring you down and influence your behavior in a negative, depressive way. This in turn causes you to interpret everything negatively and become depressed.
ReplyDelete